Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Lampwork Beads....my other obsession

Quilting and Lampwork Bead making are not as different as you may think.......take a look.
Both require attention to detail and both indulge a need to design wth color. Like modern quilting, making beads with hot glass allows you to throw traditional design rules right out of the window.
Some of my prettiest beads are the ones that initially looked like a mistake to me. Then they come out of the kiln and what a great surprise!
 Four years ago, a much loved cousin invited me over to see how she made her beautiful jewelry and a hot glass addict was born.
 I hope you enjoy some of my favorites.



4 comments:

  1. Really cool T. Sometime I want to see you do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime, you know where to find me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I think you should try it!
    I'd be happy to show you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice work. I like your choice of beads.

    ReplyDelete