Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

First Trys

After years of child raising and career building.....
 I'm happy to say that I'm sewing again!
Here are a few of my first trys. There are plenty of mistakes but each new piece perfects my skills. Each one has been a joyous experience.

Stephen's Owls Rag Quilt
I made this for a dear friends new baby boy, Stephen .

So, this is a Jelly Roll Quilt ! 
I first saw this pattern in a YouTube video of a jelly roll race and thought it would be good practice. My sister and I were discussing pre-cuts and knowing my favorite colors, she suggested this Grand Finale line. 

Grammy's Surprise
This was my second jelly roll quilt. It was made for my husband's Grandmother. I got a little bolder and added two borders on a Moda's Share The Joy jelly roll.
Charm Squares Table Topper
This was a fun, one afternoon project made out of one Bernatex Bittersweet charm pack. It's a great choice for a quick gift. 


1 comments: