Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

This one is for you, honey!

Last fall when I decided to start quilting again, I enlisted my Sister Dear, Michele, to help me get going. We visited several quilt shops that are local to her and we found this fabric on sale. 
I fell in love with it because in my opinion, it was the perfect fabric for a somewhat masculine quilt for my husband.
Like most of us, other projects, my job and life in general got in the way of my hubby's quilt for quite a while. Also, I really did want to hone my rusty skills a bit before I made something for him or other family members.
I promised myself that I would not have more than two UFOs at a time so after I finished a table topper for my Mom and Uncle Kenny's quilt, I got to work on this one, for John. (The guy really does need a present)
All quilts are fun for me but I have to admit that I can see the improvement in my quilts with practice. Corners are matching up better, seams are getting straighter and they are much less "wonky" than the first couple.
I hope you like this, hubby loved it. The long arm quilting was done at The Village Quiltery in Tannersville, PA.


2 comments: