Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Another Long Arm Quilter is Born





Hi quilty friends!
I  have not posted in quite a while as my world, unfortunately, has been far to busy to  sew. Things are getting better and I took a weekend off to spend some quality time with my sister and sewing. I'm so grateful that she and I have this in common.



                              
   This was one of my first quilt tops, quite a while go.
I gave it to my sister, Michele (www.crayonboxquiltstudio.com) with a  plan for her to quilt it for me on her long arm machine when she was ready. I intended to keep the quilt so didn't mind the idea of her experimenting and doing whatever she chose with it.  
 
A year later, I was working on a gift for my dear father in law and decided to try and quilt it myself if my sister would be so gracious as to give me a lesson and let me try it on her Penelope.
I really wanted to find out if I even like long arm quilting.
So, off I went last weekend. Thankfully Michele remembered that we had Giggles to quilt. It was the perfect thing for me to practice on before I quilted something meant for a gift. Being more than a little intimidated by that huge machine, I was and definitely afraid to make mistakes.
 My sister is a great teacher and in no time at all, I was quilting away and thrilled that I had succeeded. I do need lots of practice to make my quilting flow more smoothly but gained more confidence by the hour, loved every minute of it and.............
 
Another Long Arm Quilter is Born!
 

 


1 comments:

  1. I'm really glad we had the time together and that you are happy with your new found skills. It only gets better with more practice. Thanks for the compliments. When are we going to do it again?

    ReplyDelete